6.7.07

I'm really amazed I haven't cried yet

Today was my last day at the Science Museum. How sad am I? I haven't even cried yet. I think in my head I'm still going back there next week. Woops. We'll deal with that when it comes. I had a busy but ultimately productive and satisfying day to end on, and a nice dinner at Tanpopo to top it all off.

When I got home, obviously I had to disctract myself and the internet seemed the best way to do so. I founds tons of fun stuff you all need to know about:

1. Ten Politically Incorrect Truths About Human Nature was an interesting read, as far as I got, though it does seem to be an article just designed to piss people off. They make two interesting points about polygyny (men get more than one wife) that women actually tend to fare better in polygynous societies, but men tend to do worse. Also that violence and competition among men is worse in polygynous societies. I didn't know that before. I'm not sure I agree with everything (anything really) in this article, but there it is.

2. Procrastinations: 10 Things To Know is an article about how procrastination is your mean parent's fault but will wind up killing you. It also made me think I'm not really a procrastinator. Good to know.

3.
Pretty much how I feel about the pair although I get the feeling, particularly from Vice President Chaney that he doesn't always want to be there.

viewed from http://www.lisaandjacob.com/index.cfm?template=/2007/07/can-someone-make-these-please.cfm

4. Senator, You Used To Be a Pot Head - Now You're Talking Like a Narc is an open letter to Norm Coleman. I haven't read the whole thing yet, but anyone who calls Senator Coleman on his crap, especially support of bad drug laws that spend my tax dollars in dumb ways gets my support.

5. 33 Names of Things You Didn't Know Had Names is page that appears on Del.icio.us from time to time but it's fun. There's a lot of stuff on there I know but haven't ever tried to name. That one part of your nose, those silver balls we put on cookies, things like that. I did know #22 though.

6. The Portable Typewriter is a great blog entry about how to modify a laptop to look like an oldschool typewriter. How cool is that. Every once in a while there's little macbook mods like that but I'm too scared to try any of them.

7. Bottled Water is Still a Scam and it is people. It's bad for the environment, and we have legitimately safe drinking water here. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment