14.7.07

Harry Potter

I ordered the final (boo hoo) Harry Potter book today. It is scheduled to be delivered at my house on July 21, the day the book comes out. (Hey, that's next Saturday.) Right now, I'm in the middle of Half Blood Prince, re-reading in anticipation of the final book. Just to refresh me on everything. I've remained amazingly spoiler free.

I'm wildly impressed with people like one friend of mine who's going to start re-reading all the books now, and not read the seventh book until she's done with the first six. Why am I impressed? Her undying faith that she'll be able to not hear who bites it in the final book before she's ready to read it. The world needs more believers like you.

Today was also Kelly's wedding shower. Amanda and I were the only non-family people there. It's always interesting to get a look at other people's families and see how they operate. Really similar to my own actually, well on Dad's side. My Mom's side of the family is so small that I really have no basis to judge anything. Although, from what I remember as as child, we're wildly different from those people, so it's probably ok they're all either dead or we don't see them very much. I have one uncle and one cousin who live in Cincinnati, and Mom has some cousins (of hers) that live in Chicago. I really like the Chicago people, although we don't see them that often. They're really nice. The uncle and cousin are good too. It's just odd because we used to be really close and we've grown apart over the years. That sort of hangs in the room every time we're together.

No comments:

Post a Comment