13.6.07

The Wednesday Mind Hump

1. Have you ever cut or burned yourself while cooking?
I don't think my blog is long enough to list all the times I've done that. Although, I think this time takes the cake.

2. Have you ever put in a wrong ingredient in a dish (sugar instead of salt, for example)?
One time I tried to make this herb dip with absolutely the wrong herbs. I needed like mint and basil or something and instead I used whatever herbs you'd use with a turkey. It was bad. Although I think the feta had a lot to do with that too. The feta was supposed to be in there. I'm just not a fan.

3. Have you ever dropped, or otherwise ruined, a dish just before serving it? Bonus points if you had a large number of people waiting to eat it.
Usually this involves trying to poor my spaghetti noodles into the strainer and they wind up in the sink. I just can't eat them after they've been in the sink. I've also burned stuff. One time I undercooked salmon and forced someone to eat it (maybe Kelly and Amanda) by insisting that "it's good that way".

4. In case you aren't a cook - Have you ever had a restaurant make a klutzy move that affected your meal? Tell us about it!
Tonight they forgot to put the strawberries on my cheesecake. I'm still bitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment