30.6.07

Shopping

I had a nice day today. I ran in the middle of the day, which was a mistake, but the rest of it was really good. Here's what happened.

I woke up late. I've been really tired lately, which I'm choosing to blame on my period and not eating enough protein. More on that at some point I'm sure. And then I really didn't want to run because I was so tired. However, I knew that I would be trying on clothes later in the day, and so should run so I felt skinnier when I went to pick out clothes. I'm glad I know there's at least one guy who reads this. I think guys should know that some women really do think this way. Anyways, I ran. I realized it was the first time since getting the red iPod I'd run outside with it. I still can't use my Nike+ with it, but that's a story for another day. Really, I've only run outside a few times recently, and all the times in Chicago I didn't bring it with me because I forgot to pack headphones.

When I got back from running a measly 3.6 miles I was dead with exhaustion and dehydration and I thought a dip in the pool would be the perfect remedy before going to meet Kelly for some shopping fun. The universe had other plans though because the pool is not working. Something about a filter. How sad am I?

Kelly and I had a nice time shopping. We went to Macy's where I got a neat pair of linen pants, which will require me to find a dry cleaner, and a cute as hell brown shirt. I didn't have to front any money for those, because I had a gift certificate. Then we went to Panera bread where I had chicken wild rice soup (my favorite) in a bread bowl (mmm, carbs). There is discovered that the gift certificate I thought had $5.00 on it really had $20.00 on it, and now I can't wait to go spend some more of it. I also hit pay dirt at Eddie Bauer. I'm not really sure we can call it pay dirt. But, I found a nice pair of summer appropriate work pants and a nice pair of jeans. I still need to go to Marshall's and shop for more pants and outfits, but I feel good that I have at least two pairs of pants I can wear to work.

Then I gave Kelly her birthday present. I didn't write about it before for obvious reasons but it's a purse that was made by an income generating group from a township in South Africa and the red/white ribbon is from an income generating group in Uganda. The purse screamed Kelly's name to me when I saw it, so I hope I heard right.

I got home and played with iPhoto, one of my new favorite things about a macbook. I was picking out pictures to make prints of. The issue I'm having is that some of my photos are a very low resolution, especially the ones I got from other people. It seemed like I had all of my pictures onto this computer, though I'm still not convinced. Once I find some I think I'll buy nice frames and put them on my wall in a few spots. I'd like some new decorations to make this feel more like home. And then I cleaned. Not a lot. I'm trying to be more proactive. I'll let you know how far I get with this latest effort.

I've decided that I really enjoy having weekends off. I might change my availability at the aquarium to reflect said discovery. I might not. Everything else in my life is changing so fast I might just keep that one steady for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment