24.6.07

From The Sunday Seven

Name seven of the most under-appreciated jobs in your community.


1. Garbage man. Let me just say "thank you". That's one of those services that just works and I'm oh so happy about that.
2. Stay at home Mom / Dad / Aunt / Grandma / whatever you got. It's definitely not an easy or appreciated job.
3. Social workers. 'Nuff said.
4. Construction crews. I wouldn't really say "under-appreciated" I would more say "much maligned" and possibly heckled too much by drivers who are stopped in construction traffic. Last summer all the construction was in Minneapolis in various neighborhoods on the cities south side. This summer the construction has moved to the freeways, and how exciting it has been. Many of the freeways are getting attention including 35E and 694 at "the weave", 94 and 394 where they meet, 35W (again on the south side of Minneapolis). Those are the big ones I know about. What'd I miss?
5. Insurance salesman. I'm not sure if they're legitimately under appreciated or just no one wants to deal with them.
6. Bus drivers, largely under appreciated by anyone who's never had to take the bus. Bus riders may or may not appreciate the driver.
7. Janitors. Your jobs are important and I need you to keep doing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment