28.5.07

Another Fish Alternative

I was reading the Most Popular Stories on Yahoo when I saw the headline Fish Oil Plus Exercise May Banish Body Fat and obviously stopped for a look.

Two things in the article (not about weight loss) caught my attention:
1. Taking a fish oil supplement helped people improve their cholesterol numbers, something several people in my life (including at least one who reads this blog) struggle with.
2. Fish oil supplements are another way to get the benefits of eating fish (the omega-3 fatty acids) without actually having to stomach the suckers which is hard for me sometimes.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:14 AM

    I've been taking Cod Liver Oil (which is kind of the same thing) for the past several months to make my hair healthier. I'm not positive it works all that well (since I started taking kelp and another supplement as well, so who gets the credit, I'm not sure), but it's not bad. The only side effect is that if you take the gel capsules on an empty stomach, any time you ...[looking for a polite word - can't find one]... burp, you're reminded of the fact that you consumed something fishy. Ew. So... don't take it on an empty stomach. Or at least eat something relatively soon afterwards. TMI?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've found a fishoil supplement that doesn't have a bad aftertaste from the pills. It isn't too expensive and has high amounts of EPA and DHA which are important to get the benefits. http://www.vitabase.com/supplements/essential-fatty-acids/maxepaomega3.aspx

    ReplyDelete