1.4.07

The Sunday Seven

Name up to seven comedians -- male or female -- whom you think just generally aren't funny.

1. Steve Martin. Is it wrong that I just don't enjoy movies that he's made?
2. Will Ferrell. See number 1. I hold out "Elf" (which Kelly likes) as an example. I have a feeling I'll be able to add "Blades of Glory" to the list soon.
3. Mike Meyers. Are you seeing a pattern?
4. Rosie. I used to like Rosie O'Donnell. I think I'll like her again after she gets off "The View" where she's obviously the token left-wing voice.
5. Chris Farley. I just generally don't enjoy his work.
6. Was Ann Heche ever a comedian? I didn't like her until just now with "Men In Trees", one of my favorite shows that ABC has put on hiatus (boo!).
7. I have a feeling there's some other woman out there that I just can't stand. It's not Rosie or Ann Heche. For a long time I didn't like Meg Ryan. "You've Got Mail" and the one where she travels through time brought me around a bit on her. I also used to abhor Jim Carrey and Adam Sandler but the more they age, the more I appreciate their work.

From this list you can probably tell (with the exception of Rosie who just rubs me the wrong way, and Ann Heche who I have no explanation for) I don't like movies where I have to loose IQ points and listen to potty humor to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment