16.4.07

Monday Music Mambo

Monday Music Mambo

Hi everyone! I'm back, as promised. Today is National Stress Awareness Day.

1. Name two artists who give you stress.
Mean rappers. I'm not talking about all rap or hip hop. Just the mean hateful ones. Eminem, and who is the one who talked about all the people he killed? That's just upsetting.

2. Name two artists who relieve your stress.
Amos Lee is currently relieving my stress. My favorite songs of his are "Supply And Demand", "Keep It Loose, Keep It Tight" and "Colors". Sarah McLachan is an old standby. The songs of hers I love include "Angel", "I Will Remember You", "Adia", "Good Enough", "Black and White", "The Path of Thorns", and "World On Fire".

3. Name two songs that relieve your stress.
"Move Along" by The All American Rejects and "Sunday Morning" by Maroon 5 are two of my favorites.

4. Name two albums that relieve your stress.
Ahh, the nostalgia of listening to an album. How quaint. I love Under the Table and Dreaming by Dave Matthews Band. (Really I love pretty much everything by Dave Matthews Band.) Honor Among Thieves is a great album by Edwin McCain, the first album released by that band. It doesn't sound like a lot of his later stuff, but it's got a great acoustic guitar and the Tower of Power horns play on a bunch of tracks.

5. When you're stressed, do you ever want to grab a guitar and smash it into an amp like Pete Townshend?
Smashing a guitar would add stress to my life, I'd be sitting there thinking, "d@mn, I don't want to pay to replace this". Usually when I'm stressed I like to play the guitar.

No comments:

Post a Comment