9.4.07

The joys of running

I ran this morning at the Y. It's too cold to run after having such a sore throat. Also, it's really just too cold to run. Although it is warming up a bit. I did 3 miles in intervals. After the last time I ran intervals I did some poking around on the internet. I found out that people who have slow twitch muscles (that's me) should do longer intervals because it takes a distance to really let the muscles relax and do their thing. Today I ran 1/2 mile at 4:30 (or so, I had to guess because I have a crappy watch), jogged 1/3 mile and so on until I did the fast 1/2 mile 4 times. That's two 9:00 miles and one mile of something else... Since that didn't seem like enough I did the rowing machine for a while too. My body should feel like it worked this hard. Instead, I'm not that sore. Odd.

No comments:

Post a Comment