4.4.07

As therapy I'm blogging

Wednesday Mind Hump: Name your favorite citrus fruits and your favorite dishes, drinks, desserts, etc. using citrus.

Limes. I think we all knew I was going to say that.

My favorite things with limes


As a garnish: any Chipotle burrito, especially vegetarian
In a salad: Mark's Spinach/onion/lime/salt salad. I still make it sometimes.
In a main dish: Ceviche. It's fish (or scallops or shrimp) cooked in lime juice. The acid in the lime juice actually "burns" the fish, so even though this piece of fish has never been exposed to a heat source, the proteins are denatured by the acid the same as they would have been by heat. (That was for Amanda who is learning about proteins and will hear about it all again in Chemistry I'm sure.)
In a dessert: Key Lime Pie. A special note here: Key Lime Pie is not green. Ever. Key Lime Pie is white, like the color of cream and sugar and graham cracker crust.
In a drink: (I think we all know where this is heading) Margaitas.

No comments:

Post a Comment