8.3.07

The Book Meme

I saw the Book Meme here, and I'm writing it for Amanda, who lost her book list.

THE BOOK MEME!

* Science Fiction, Fantasy or Horror? Usually Fantasy. I love Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings.
* Hardback or Trade Paperback or Mass Market Paperback? Depends. Books I'll keep forever, hardback. Books I'll abuse, like Harry Potter books which go everywhere in my backpack I buy paperback copies.
* Amazon or Brick and Mortar? Usually Used Books, but almost always an actual store.
* Barnes & Noble or Borders? Barnes & Noble
* Hitchhiker or Discworld? What are those?
* Bookmark or Dogear? Usually a bookmark or just "remember" the page number.
* Magazine: Digg, BoingBoing and Del.icio.us.
* Alphabetize by author, Alphabetize by title, or random? By size, although now they're all in a box, but still by size.
* Keep, Throw Away or Sell? Keep.
* Keep dust-jacket or toss it? Usually I loose it.
* Read with dustjacket or remove it? Remove it.
* Short story or novel? Long.
* Harry Potter or Lemony Snicket? I've read Harry. The Lemony Snicket movie was cool so it seems like the books should also be cool.
* Stop reading when tired or at chapter breaks? When I'm about to fall asleep.
* "It was a dark and stormy night" or "Once upon a time?" Usually "once upon a time"
* Buy or Borrow? Buy. I hate the Minneapolis Library system.
* Buying choice: Book Reviews, Recommendation or Browse? Recommendations and world of mouth.
* Lewis or Tolkien? Tolkein.
* Collection (short stories by the same author) or Anthology (short stories by different authors)? I don't know, I've never really read either.
* Tidy ending or Cliffhanger? If it's a cliffhanger it's not an ending.
* Morning reading, Afternoon reading or Nighttime reading? When I wake up and before bed.
* Standalone or Series? Usually a series, or several works by the same author. *New or used? New for Harry Potter, used for almost anything else.
* Favorite book of which nobody else has heard? Hmmm... I'll have to think about that. Maybe Prescriptions for Living or Conversations with God, although that movie just came out so everyone knows about that book now.
* Top 5 favorite genre books of all time?
o Classic Science fiction: Hmmm
o Modern Science Fiction: The one Steven King wrote
o Classic Fantasy: Lord Of The Rings
o Modern Fantasy: Harry Potter
o Mystery: Hmmm
o Thriller: Stephen King, Evil Things or the fantasy one he wrote
* Favorite genre series? Harry Potter
* Currently Reading? School work. I'm not allowed to have fun.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:41 PM

    so what is this thing about?

    ReplyDelete