24.2.07

From The Saturday 8:

1. wine: which do you prefer ... reds or whites, or perhaps something different, like a dessert/ice wine?
I like white wine. One of the best things I ever had was mango sorbet made with mango champagne. Mmm.

2. beer: as a guinness drinker, i prefer my beer to be in the "non-see thru" variety. The Husband prefers harp & bass. i'm convinced his co-workers would drink hamm's if it were served to them. what kind of beer, if any, do you prefer?
I like Heineken and Leine's Honey Weiss the best. There are also some really good microbrews in Pennsylvania that I loved. Possibly the only good thing the Poconos have to offer.

3. spirits: are you a hard-liquor drinker? if so, what kind(s)? if not, why not?
I think we all know how I feel about Margaritas. I don't really just drink straight liquor. In my world the tequila is more a vehicle for the limes.

4. my wine bar opens in a few weeks, and The Husband thinks i have too many people to invite to the grand opening. should i brown-nose and keep my bosses on the guest list, or should i forget them and just stick with my good friends (the bosses will probably overhear people talking about the opening, unofortch).
I'd say do what's genuine. If you keep the bosses on the list and they come, will anyone talk to them? Will they have a good time? Will it be awkward and obvious they got an obligation invite? If it's an obligation invite, don't do it. Instead let them know what's going on ahead of time and that you'd like to have them by on another night when you can spend some time with them or something.

5. when i drink a good red, i LOVE to have a rich, thick, heavy slab of parmesan to eat while enjoying my wine. when you drink alcohol (or in the past, if you are currently a non-drinker), what types of snacks or foods do you like to have while you drink ... and are their certain 'pairings' you prefer?Link
I like salt with my Margarita. With beer I like greasy food.

6. are you going to watch the oscars this weekend? why or why not?
You know, I kept wondering why "How to win the Oscar Pool" was getting so many hits on Digg and Del.icio.us. I hadn't planned on it. Given the storm that's supposedly heading my way, I may be inside for a while though.

7. i love celeb fashion, and love the snarky site "go fug yourself" even more. are you interested in any of the red carpet styles that happen at awards shows?
Sometimes I like to see the celebs I'm interested getting interviewed on the red carpet although I don't usually have the patience to sit through the interviews on the people I don't care about.

8. so, the angels sang, the planets aligned, and my future second ex-husband is touring again with his old band, The Police. i was too young to see a Police concert but have seen every single one of Sting's concerts since he went solo. even if it involves resurrecting Jim Morrison or Bob Marley from the dead, which musical artist/group would you die to see live?
Dave Matthews Band.

No comments:

Post a Comment