9.1.07

Wow

I swam tonight, in the "Master's Group" at the YWCA. Basically it's adults who want to swim. As with all things in life, I am slow. Really I would be faster but I seldom kick when I do freestyle.

What else have I been doing? Playing on the internet, I still love RSS feeds. Best things since sliced bread.

1. The Question of the Day:
What is the secret to success? I have no idea, but it seems like there should be something about treating people well.
What color are your eyes? Would you permanently change their color if you could? My eyes are blue. I like them blue.
Do you have a hard time making eye contact when talking to people? Yes. I blame living in Malawi.

2. I can't believe this happened in Minnesota. I accept no responsibility for this.
3. This reminded me of work. Don't ask.
4. This made me laugh out loud. Not very many of these do that.
5. I just thought the picture in this story was cool. It's really only cool if you know the Metrodome.
6. This headline made me laugh out loud. Poor Jersey.
7. An article about how we study nutrition. It's really relevant given the renewed interest in health and nutrition of late, especially as linked to diabetes.
8. MIT's Open Course Ware Program. Don't they have an open source license too?
9. 15 Foods You Shouldn't Live Without, again relevant given the discussion of how we study these things. Although honestly, doesn't flax seed need all the help it can get?
10. Another Firefox Tweak.
11. 57 Tips for Writing Your Term Paper for all of my friends in school. My tip: 57 is too many of anything for a student to deal with.
12. Having low expectations makes you happier. Great, I can't wait to tell my kids.
13. The MacWorld Keynote for those of you who love or love to hate Macs.
14. Great commentary on blogging. For my friends who've adopted blogs and then let them die a slow death (you know who you are).
15. The Truck Number, one of the most randomly funny things I've read tonight. And that's saying something because there was good material tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment