15.1.07

One more for the road

It snowed today, so I'm not planning on hurrying right in to work tomorrow. Add to that it's MLK day tomorrow and I'm the only one that has to work, not enough people driving on the express ways to clear it off and melt the snow.

Here's what I just found:
1. Another MySpace Phishing Scheme, odd given that I just talked about the last one with my team.
2. Firefox 3 Alpha 1 has been released. I love the "Alpha=Crashes" comment. I don't know if it's true, but it is funny.
3. The Colorblind Test reminds me of Little Miss Sunshine.

From The Sunday Seven
Name seven celebrities whom you'd be happy to go a year without hearing another word about: Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes, Rob Lowe, Rosie and Donald Trump, Courtney Love. That's all I got. I considered Brangelina but they do nice work for the developing world so they can stay in the news.

From Curious as A Cat:
If you could follow your heart and do something that would take you outside your daily existence, what would you do? How would you accomplish it? Why?
It's getting to be the time of year I miss Africa. I miss the singing. I don't know if I could really go back there or not, but it makes my heart hurt not to be there sometimes.

What is your most favorite saying? What one thing (word or phrase) do you say the most?
My favorite saying is from Edgar Cayce:
Cultivate the ability to to see the ridiculous and retain the ability to laugh. For, know, only in those that God hath favored is there the ability to laugh, even when clouds of doubt arise, or when every form of disturbance arises.

(Really I just use the first part.) I also love the Marianne Williamson Quote about "Out Deepest Fears". That one's so popular even Nelson Mandela quoted it. The phrase I say the most is typically some variation on "that's the pot calling the kettle black".

What one job in history would you have wanted?
I actually like the job I have right now. I would've liked to ride horses maybe.

Here's the full Marianne Williamson Quote:
“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?

You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”

No comments:

Post a Comment