21.1.07

The Lizzie Update

Alright, here's what's been going on in my life. Given the recent success someone else in my life had on Geek 2 Geek I thought I'd try it out a while ago so I signed up for a free account.

Then one day this dude emailed me and sent me a message. I looked at his picture. I didn't want to go out with him. I am that shallow. I am a bad person. Seriously, women are always all over men for judging us on our looks and the shape of our body. I shouldn't do it too. And yet...

I read a book where the author talked about these people who smoked and knew it was bad for them but didn't stop. But these people were pet owners and wouldn't smoke around their dogs and cats because they didn't want to hurt their animals. The doctor said, "Why can't you love yourself enough to stop smoking? Why can't you love yourself as much as you love your pets?" I think it's the same thing for me. I just want someone who loves themselves enough to take care of themselves. Trust me, if you take care of yourself there's no way you can handle me.

I didn't write this guy back. Before you go thinking I'm a total scoundrel, here's the thing. I signed up and made a free account and did a profile. I didn't put all the pieces together about the free accounts. I can create a profile. People can "wink" at me. I can "wink" at other people. However, I can't send messages or read messages without signing up for a paid account. So, I got an email notification the message was received, and I tried to open it. I couldn't. I just don't have the money to invest right now and I get so few matches on that site it's not really worth it at this point.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:35 PM

    Yeah, Lizzie, but you actually CAN read messages that are sent to you with a free account. Maybe his profile wasn't approved or he cancelled his account because he was despondent that you didn't respond to him.

    ReplyDelete