19.1.07

Catching up

I'm using this post to catch up on a few things.

First exercise: Tuesday night I swam masters. Wednesday I ran 4 miles. Thursday night I swam masters and two cool things happened. First, I completed the whole workout which rarely happens. Second, I wasn't in the slow lane. I was in the second slowest lane. This morning I ran 2.5 miles and then had to stop due to uh... digestive issues. I rode the bike for 20 minutes in "fat burner" mode. I don't know what that means.

Second, 18,000 questions of the day:
17 Jan 07
You’ve been given 3 parachutes, but there are 4 people who need them. Who will you not give one to: Your boss, your spouse (or significant other), the last person who called you on the telephone, or the last person who rang your doorbell? (Of course, all 4 of them are up really super duper high in the air, and the parachute is truly the only way to save them. You are safe on the ground, so there is no need to give yourself a parachute.)

I don't have a significant other, so this is dramatically simplified for me. Also, the last person to knock on my door is the repair man who fixed my light and is currently mending the hole in my bathroom ceiling. Even though I don't know him too well, he definitely gets a parachute. The last person who called me was... I think it was Amanda. She gets a parachute too. This question because it assumes I have only one boss. How quaint.

Have you ever been stuck in an elevator?
No.

What is your middle name?
Elizabeth

Well, here we are! A new home for the question of the day! I like it, simple and easy to use. Nice big box to type into, WYSIWYG editor. Yeh, I feel very at home :o)So, in honour (hey I’m Welsh that’s how I spell it!) of the new home let me ask you … have you stayed put very long? Do you like moving? How many times have you moved? Have you always lived in a house / flat? And finally … how long does it take to unpack?

I considered not answering this question because of the trauma.
I have not stayed put for long. Sort of. I moved to Minneapolis and lived here 1.5 years and this is where all the drama starts. I lived in Africa for 2 months, Florida for 1 month, Pennsylvania for 2 months and then back to Minneapolis. I've been here for a little over 2 years but have moved from an apartment to a condo since I've moved back. It was a move of ten blocks but it was still...
I am not a fan of moving. I am a fan of my friends who helped me move, one of whom got engaged last night
(congratulations). As an adult I have lived in one part of a two family house and now in a condo. As a kid I grew up in a two family house.
It took me a while to unpack this time because the place I moved into was a mess. Like it hadn't been lived in for a while and was dusty. (My nose is running just thinking about it.) Most of the times before that I either car moved (Minneapolis both times) or had one or two suitcases (Malawi, Florida, Pennsylvania) so those didn't take too long to unpack.


18 Jan 2007
Have you ever worn your slippers in public? What kind of slippers do you have? Visions of pink bunny slippers come to mind...

No. I bring slippers with me when I'm staying at someone's house, or (and this only makes sense to people who live in Minnesota and all those similarly situated) when I'm going to friends' houses in the winter and I need inside shoes.

So, tell us, right here in the comment box, what’s the weather like wherever you are today?

I'll answer this for yesterday since that's the day of the question. It was snowing a little, less than an inch but warmer than it has been. I almost got to 30*. Again, only those in Minnesota or those similarly situated get why that's so cool.

Finally: the light in my living room is on. How excited am I?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:36 PM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:56 AM

    I had a very vivid dream this weekend that I wore my slippers outside. I was in the middle of leaving the house when I realized that I had slippers on instead of real shoes (this has happened at least a few times), and then I decided that I just didn't care and would wear them anyways.

    I think it was spurred on by the fact that Friday night the boy and I went to Target, and instead of putting my dress shoes back on which made my feet cry in pain, I wore my tennis shoes. With a skirt and nylons.

    I am sooooo fashionable.

    Really... who cares what the people in the Eagan Target think of me?

    ReplyDelete