6.1.07

Anti-virus update

An update to this post about anti-virus software:

I love AVG. It makes me happy. I wasn't using it because for a while it was giving me this error about the Roxio easy CD creator driver (which I don't have on my computer). During this brief but painful time I went over to ClamWin. I think ClamWin is supposed to be a good program. I couldn't deal with it. Why? It updated the virus database at log on. Sounds good? It actually slowed my computer down so much it was crashing.

Also, Winpooch is an on demand scanner set up to run with ClamWin. Don't install it. It's a pain in the rear, and even when I tell it to allow things to install (I am setting my computer up again) it still won't let them install or even download properly.

I am happily back with AVG. I decided that it would be worth it to install some driver that I don't need even though that's what just killed my computer in order to not put up with these two looser programs. When I downloaded and installed AVG this time it didn't give me that error. I am so happy. I actually think AVG is even more seamless than Norton which is what came with my computer. It runs better in the background.

Other software changes to the little computer:
Picasa as I've already talked about. The jury is still out. I like it right now but I want to give it time to annoy me just to be safe. I don't think it will. The only real problem I've had is uploading photos to the blog and that's not a picasa issue, that's a blogger issue.

Also installed AVG anti-spyware over Adaware SE from lavasoft. I'll let you know.

The biggest change though is Windows Media Player 11 which is very slick. Again, the jury is still out, but so far it's ok. I just realized I don't have IE 7 on here yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment