11.1.07

3x Thursday

And finally:

3x Thursday: 01/11/y2k+7: Transportation

1. How do you get from one place to the next? Car? Train? Walk? Something else? Do you like that mode of transportation? Why/why not? I use my car almost exclusively now. I work in the suburbs and I use my car to make home visits to BFE where they don't allow buses. I love my car. I particularly love that I can sing as loud as I want to and not bother anyone while I'm in my car. (I'd be bothering people because I'm a bad singer you see.)

2. Do you have a car? Do you like it? Do you like having it? Would you consider not having one? Why/why not? See number one. I think for now I'm fairly attached because almost every social work job in life requires a car, and because it's not convenient for me to use the bus to shop for groceries.

3. What do you think of public transportation? Do you have good public transportation where you live? Do you use it? Why/why not? I actually have a high opinion of public transportation. The Twin Cities has decent, although quite expensive, public transportation. I am in a logistically difficult location for public transportation. I have to transfer at least once to get almost anywhere now. The exception being Uptown and Bar Abeline where they make the guacamole right in front of me. The buses that I can walk to pretty much go downtown or east but not far enough east. I am a light rail fan as well. I take that to the airport all the time. I have used public transit here in varying degrees. Right now I use it less because of the internship in the burbs, and having a hard time taking the bus to like four jobs in one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment