24.12.06

Some cool memes

Since I can't post pictures right now, here are some cool memes I found.

The Question of the Day asks "My daughter is spending the day in her bedroom today because she's been grounded. When was the last time you were grounded?" I've never been grounded. I tended to loose my TV priveleges. It's been a long time.

The Saturday 8 asks the following:

1. i'm HOME! it was a long, two-week trip, but i'm back Stateside. what was the last travel experience you had? That was the drive from Minneapolis to Cincinnati that I just did. See the photos on this blog.
2. i read 3 books in a week. what was the last book you completed? I'm in grad school and so not allowed to read books for fun. It may have been The Second Summer of the Sisterhood follow up to Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants.
3. i saw 6 or 7 movies in the last two weeks. what was the last movie that you watched? Bridges of Madison County
4. my flight was 7.5 hours long to and from iceland. what was your last flight, and where was it to/from? My last flight was home to Minneapolis after Thanksgiving.
5. i have decided to skip christmas cards this year due to the fact that i worked my 2 jobs right up until i left for iceland. did you send out christmas/hanukkah/new year's cards this year?No, but that's not different from any other time.
6. i have been sick with a stomach bug i picked up in iceland since wednesday. what was the last illness that you had? I got "intestinal distress" last night. As Kelly would say, "my body entered into negotiations..."
7. while in iceland, Bank of America LOCKED my debit card ... twice. i'd let them know that i was travelling, but they decided to lock it anyway due to the fact that no one was smart enough to put the required code on my account. i now have to get back $100 in cellphone bills from them that was NOT necessary as i'd taken care of my responsibilities before i'd left. when was the last time you were 'screwed' by a corporation/service? I'm choosing not to count today when the software I installed on my computer killed it because that could have been my own fault. I think that makes it the class action suit against Toshiba.
8. i am not sure what i'm doing for christmas and have no idea where i'm spending it or if i'm going to be travelling that day, etc. what are your christmas plans if you celebrate? if not, what are you doing on the 25th? Morning: open gifts with Mom and Dad. Lunch: Uncle Jerry and Jimmy and Brooke will come over for lunch. Evening: I get to eat spaghetti and see Mark. Other family will be there too I guess.

The Saturday Six:
1. How many Christmas Cards did you receive from people you hadn't sent cards to, after the "mailing deadline?" Did you send a card anyway? I didn't send any Christmas cards.
2. At this point, do you weigh more or less than you did on January 1, 2006? Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I'm going to guess less because of the running. I'm not sure. I've thought about getting a scale. I never have.
3. When the clock strikes Midnight on New Year's, will you be at home, at a party, or somewhere else? I have no idea. It certainly won't be kissing any boys.
4. Take the quiz: What's your holiday stress level?
My Holiday Stress Level is Moderate

The holidays sometimes stress you out, but mostly because they wear you down. I'm saying, especially when my computer freaks out on me.
Take it easy! You can have a fun holiday without running yourself ragged.

5. Have you ever been the designated driver at a party or outing with your friends?Yes.
6. Have you ever taken the keys and driven home a friend that you felt was too drunk to drive? If not, do you think you would attempt to if that situation ever arose? There was once I wish I had. I'm not sure what I would do. I really try to avoid things that would lead to that situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment