24.12.06

Let's see how long it takes these images to upload. It's 12:05a here right now. I just hit "go".

It's 12:24 here now. Still no luck. There are 3 pics and they're all a the high resolution. Haven't learned how to copy the image, shrink the size and in so doing, shrink the size of the actual file on my computer. I think I can do it with my software at home, just not here.

What did I do today? I ran this morning, 3.2 miles or so. I haven't checked. Dial-up. Note: it's the next day, Merry Christmas. I ran 3.5 miles at 11:25 miles. I think most of my miles were faster and the uber-Cincinnati-hill at the end slowed me waaay down.

Mike and Linda and my family went to brunch at the restaurant where Em is a cook. I had a vegan pumpkin waffle with pear and craberry topping. It was good.

Then I came home and decided I needed to get going on my present for Mark. Same as everyone else on my list right now, I decided to make him the DIY Christmas Photo Ornament which is still a really cool idea. Well, really that's where the drama began because I started looking through old pictures. I had a hard time stopping.

My parents store said photos in an old "side board" or like a low cabinent. It looked like a few thousand photo albums threw up in there. I couldn't handle that. Like four hours later I had their pictures organized and everything. They're in categories:
  • Family Known Date

  • Family Unknown Date

  • Mom's Family Known Date

  • Mom's Family Uknown Date. This is a rather large pile.

  • Dad's Family Known Date

  • Dad's Family Unkown Date

  • Vacations of Unknown Date

  • Friends Known Date

  • Friends Unknown Date

  • My Friends Known Date. This is different from the one above because this one is only my friends where as the above one my parents will know who is in the pictures.

  • My Friends Unknown Date


By that time dinner company was here. We had a nice meal and a good dessert. It's good to see Mark. I haven't seen him in like two years.

Then we watched "Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants". I forgot how much I like that movie.

All right, it's now 12:38. I haven't been writing this whole time but at some point, I will want sleep. How long should I wait for the photos to upload?

All right. It's 12:56 and I've got pics.
This first one is from two days ago. It's what my Dad calls "an experiment in mildew". I call it foul. There's no way water coming out of this is clean. I did teach my Mom the Baking Soda and Vinegar Trick.


This is my picture from yesterday. Mom and I did the tree. Ahem, Charlie Brown, I have your tree. You'll get it back after Christmas.

Did I say I'm glad Mark is back?

No comments:

Post a Comment