26.12.06

It's 8:59. Let the image uploads begin. 9:12 and here we are.
This is how much chaos I can create in a room I'm only staying in for a week or two.


Today I hung out with a friend of mine I hadn't seen in a really long time. I guage it by the last time I saw her, her younger son was 4 weeks old. Now he's 18 months. Both her kids are cute.

We actually ran together. She's in really good shape. I think everyone in the world runs faster than me. I would really like to run a marathon at some point, but I think I'd run it too slow. They'd be shutting down the course in front of me. I'll have to work on my speed this winter. By the way, the shirt my parents got me is really nice.

Here's the meme's I found for today:
From In Other Words:Quote for , Dec 26: Sometimes people carry to such perfection the mask they have assumed that in due course they actually become the person they seem. -- W. Somerset Maugham, The Moon and Sixpence
My reaction:Uh yeah, people change. I'm also reminded of a quote from The West Wing", "act as if he have faith and faith shal be given to thee, in other words, fake it 'till you make it".

From Tuesday Twosome:
1. Do you celebrate a religious meaning to this season and if so, what (Christmas, Hanukkah, etc.)? If not, why? I don't celebrate things according to the traditions of an organized religion. Why not? I didn't grow up with an organized religion, or with those traditions.
2. What does this holiday season mean to you and why? I've answered this before, for now I'll say it means I get to see my family.
3. Which do you enjoy the most: giving presents or receiving presents and why? I like them both a lot.
4. Name two holiday movies that best describes the season for you: Love Actually and The Muppet's Christmas Carol are the only two I can think of. The first one definitley doesn't describe my holiday, well, maybe the people who sit alone and slightly heartbroken. That's not a good outloud story though.
5. Name two holiday songs that best describes the season for you: I like "Little Drummer Boy" and Handel's "Hallelujiah Chorus".

From Tuesday's Tales:
* What is the best present you recieved this year? I like them all. The one I used the most today was the running shirt.
* What is the worst present you received this year? No gifts are bad, they are all given in the Christmas spirit.
* Will you shop today? The day after Christmas? I did not go shopping today. I would have if someone else wanted to go. Shopping on days like this is really an excuse to hang out with the person I'm with. And when I went on Black Friday with my aunt I cleaned house so it was a doubly good day.
* What is still on your wish list? Someone else to show my Dad how to use a digital camera.

Also seen on the web:
101 Amazing Facts of Earth, a cool site to poke around in. Great for you trivia buffs out there.
A great Christmas gift: a cake with a hacksaw in it. Check out how it's decorated.

No comments:

Post a Comment