9.12.06

Christmas decorations

I do believe it's possible I ran 4.5 miles in 55 or so minutes. How many minute miles am I running. Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? I'm running 12:15 miles. That's not bad. It's not like I'm training for Nationals for anything.

The saga of my day really began when I went over to school to fill out a form so I can graduate. Yes, that's right. I'm not graduating 'till May. Why did I have to go to school on a Saturday to fill out this form? Because I didn't fill it out correctly the first time. My adviser told me she'd slip it back in my mail box. Only when I got to school, it wasn't in my box for me to correct. I have no idea where it is. Ok. no problem. I'll just go to the office, get a blank form and fill it out correctly. The office is locked. I found a professor to open it for me so I could fill out the form. I just want to graduate.

Work was exciting. It was soo sloooow when I got in I began to doubt whether the kids would get the 73 projects they had left to make. Oh man. They made over twice that. Balloon powered cars and rubber band powered boats were the order of the day. Check out the pictures over on The Make It Blog.

I went grocery shopping and stood in line for eight hours on the way home. Also on the way home I began to think about my picture for today. Even though the ones I took at the museum should count, I don't count them. I decided to take pictures of some Christmas decorations in my neighborhood, most of which I can see from my front door in the dark.


Still the same house...

And a close-up of the penguin for Aunt Elaine


I found out while doing this that my camera can actually take decent night shots. Yeah, I know, but you should have seen the ones from before I switched the settings/

Also seen on the web:
1. The Scientific American Year in Review is asking for feedback. I'd tell you mine but I'm trying to type and eat an artichoke at the same time.

2. World's Most Unusual Buildings. These are cool but seriously messed up, especially the 135* house, the Astra haus and the Upside Downer.

No comments:

Post a Comment