21.11.06

I'm in Cincinnati

I'm in Cincinnati. No, I haven't had my Skyline yet, but I will soon. My Mom got in not one but two traffic jams on the way to pick me up. I used the extra half hour to plan my social calendar for my visit.

The day with the most potential: Sunday when I take a nun shopping. Any of the Catholics out there know about a thing I like to call "nun-radar"? I was having coffee with a known nun trying to explain the concept to her, and also telling her about someone who literally trips my "nun-radar" every time I see her. It's a similar concept to "gaydar" (which I'm not endorsing, only acknowledging the social reality). Anyways, if you know what I'm talking about, let me know.

I ran this morning. My leg is starting to act up. I just don't know what to do about it. I was reading a book, Prescriptions for Living, which I highly recommend. In it he was talking about thinking of y our body's injuries as metaphors so a bladder infection is your body feeling drained, etc. I have a stiff knee that hurts when I run. Stiff like underuse, overuse? Maybe I'm just not using the right thing? Metaphors are not my most developed literary skill.

No comments:

Post a Comment