1.11.06

I am sleepy but I had a good day

Following up on the whole "Michael J. Fox and Rush Limbaugh" thing I threw up there yesterday:

I had a great discussion with the kids about stem cell research. We talked about the way things are right now - the government will fund some stem cell research on a limited number of stem cells. Then we talked about the issue that's cropping up in political circles all over about expanding stem cell research. We also talked about why people want the government to fund this research. It was a positive discussion. I tried my best to not allow Rush Limbaugh bashing. That's not what the discussion was about. The point was more that some of these kids are going to be voting soon. How do you take the facts of science and come to your own decision? Then how do you decide who supports that decision? It's sort of hard to find the truth behind all of the videos I laid out yesterday. My favorite part is in the last minute of the Katie Couric / Michael J. Fox video, Michael J. Fox talks about being respectful of everyone's own decision and how they came to that decision.

I'm also avoiding homework right now. Is that wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment