4.10.06

Why I am a heartless b!tch and other fun things

One: I had a conversation with my mother a while ago in which I do believe I was called a heartless b!tch. It was, of course, in relation to Cesar, and it is this time too. He's called me at least once a day for the past few days. Today he finally left me a message. Which I deleted before I heard anymore than "helloo Elizabet". (Is that wrong?) He called me last week and promised he wouldn't call anymore so I don't believe anything he says. (I would just like to say, it's behavior and decision making like this that were the reason I couldn't be with him in the first place.)

Two: St. Paul has lost its balls. Ok, that is a bit crude, but here's the deal. A few years ago The City of St. Paul recognized that forcing people to work in environments where they were exposed to second hand smoke is a health risk and not a fair employment practice. To that end, the city created a city wide smoking ban in all public places including bars and restaurants. Except now, The City of Saint Paul has lots its courage. St. Paul is giving bar owners money to build patios where people can smoke. This is money that was designated for neighborhood revitalization. I've always wanted my neighborhood to be revitalized by giving the money to people who sell the alcohol to help them build a place for their customers to smoke. I hope the City of Minneapolis does the exact same thing.

Three: This is just funny. I love BoingBoing. It truly is a directory of wonderful things.

Four: In an effort to be even more "fair and balanced" FoxNews is identifying Mark Foley as a democrat. Unless you've been living under a rock, you'll know that Mark Foley is a former congressman from Florida who resigned when inappropriate emails he wrote to a teenage boy were publicized.

No comments:

Post a Comment