27.10.06

6th District Congressional Debate

The Minnesotans reading this blog will know that in ten days, we'll go to the polls and there's a few really tight races. One that everyone is watching is the 6th Congressional District. There was just a debate on television and I didn't watch all of it. (In my defense, that's not a race I'll be voting in. I live in the fifth district.)

Here's the Star Tribune's Take on the Debate. The most disturbing part of the whole piece to me is at the very bottom when the Independent Party candidate calls the Mark Foley scandal "minor compared with real issues facing America". There are more mandatory reporters than ant hills in America. As one of them, I'm offended that elected officials aren't held to the same standards of behavior and responsibility as an eighteen-year-old working in a day care.

No comments:

Post a Comment