31.8.06

Why Lake Street, the State Fair, and a bus don't mix

Well, I hit the perfect storm of being on the bus today. It all seemed like it was going to be ok this morning when I got out to the bus stop, realized I forgot my badge and had time to run back and get it wihout missing the bus.

I want to be clear. The ride home killed that joy. It wasn't the bus drivers fault she was actually pretty nice and tried to keep a good sense of humor. The bus I took uses the expressway but gets off the expressway at the same exit as all of the people going to the fair. Then traffic was totally stopped on Marshall Ave. from Snelling Ave. to the river. I have no explanation. A bus ride that's usually fairly quick for how much distance it covers took me about twice as long as it usually does.

I'm happy to be home and planning to not take that route home tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment