3.8.06

need to find new shoes

I ran 3.3 miles this morning. Here's the thing: I need to find new shoes. Yesterday, after the dog incident I got some blisters. Actually I'd been getting blisters for a while from having arch support inserts in my sheos. The arch support insert stops around the ball of my foot and I'd been getting some big blisters there but yesterday was the straw that broke the camel's back. I actually took off my shoes and walked barefoot for a while. I like to think I was channeling Kelly.

I actually ran a second time yesterday and only got about 2 miles because I went in the mid-day heat. But that time and this morning I wore a different pair of shoes and I've decided I like my Nike's better. My legs hurt this morning in ways they don't typically hurt when I run. Especially my calves and ham strings and lower back and... Well I guess a lot of stuff hurt in ways it doesn't usually.

How fast does it take blisters to heal? I haven't popped them yet, but apparently that's what I'm supposed to do. I thought that was bad to do.

Anyways, I was supposed to work last night but that just got cancelled so now I feel like I have nothing to do.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:34 AM

    That link to what you're supposed to do about blisters is exactly what I've been doing for years, despite the protests of others to leave it alone. As long as you sterlize the needle and just do a tiny pin-prick (so as to not expose the inside skin to air, which will both hurt and give ample room for infection), you're fine. And it doesn't hurt at all, especially since it's your foot and the skin there is generally pretty tough.

    ReplyDelete