3.6.06

The Never Ending Story: My Bathroom

Since the begining, the things I have done to the bathroom
  1. Taken everything out of it
  2. Scraped paint off of the walls and ceiling (not my favorite job)
  3. Two coats of kills over the areas where paint was scraped
  4. Tried to patch a hole in the ceiling, I have spackle and I need joint compound. Let me know if you know what that means.
  5. Removed the medicine cabinet and found even more razor blades. Whoever thought it would be a good idea to dispose of them behind the medicine cabinet clearly never had to replace a medicine cabinet.
  6. Picked out paint colors. (Thank you Kelly)
  7. Taped. Between the tile, the sink, the shower and the doors, my bathroom is all edges.
  8. Painted the walls yellow. (Again, thank you Kelly)
  9. Took the door off of the hinges.
  10. Took the drawers and cabinet doors out of the vanity.
  11. Sanded the drawers, cabinet doors, vanity, door and door frame. (Again, not my favorite job although not quite as bad as scaping paint).
  12. Painted the fronts of the doors and cabinets yellow.
  13. Painted the vanity blue.
  14. Painted the door.
  15. Painted the door frame.
  16. Used Killz on the bottom inside of my vanity. It was foul, it needed it.
  17. Installed the medicine cabinet. (I really thought this was going to be my least favorite job and it wasn't traumatic at all.)
  18. Replaced the doorknob on the door. Note to Kelly, had the same problem we had last time. I missed your help.
  19. Put in new hardware on the cabinets and tried to install them. Note here that I say tried. While the hinges fit the doors, they no longer close properly and I'm not sure what to do about it. Again, call me if you know.
Things I still need to do to my bathroom:
  1. Make the cabinets close properly.
  2. Touch up lots and lots of paint chips.
  3. Put my towel rack back on the door.
  4. Get a dark green shower curtain.
  5. Patch my ceiling. (See number 4 above).
  6. Put everything back in the bathroom. (I actually cannot wait to do that one because it means that both my bathroom and my bedroom will be clean again.)
  7. Fix the track to one of my drawers. Anyone good with a hacksaw?
  8. Clean paint off the walls, the tub, the sink and the floor.
  9. Clean dirt and grime out of the bathroom.
  10. Get a new shower curtain liner.
  11. There must be more. Right now I'd be happy if my cabinet doors closed properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment