18.12.04

Today was a pretty fun day.

I had to be at work by 8:25am, no problem. Did you know that the anchor stores in the mall open by like 7am during the holidays. But yes, even at the Mall of America, I found a parking spot on the first floor close to the door.

I only had to work for four hours, which was even more awesome. Three of those hours, I was at the touch pool. It was so slow today. I think I used the microphone for all of five minutes. Everyone was shopping not so much being tourists.

After work, I went to the alpaca connection to get my Mom's Christmas present. She likes that store. I got her a pullover poncho type thing and a scarf. I hope she'll like them, I'm not sure she will.

I went to Target, but after being told that they carried binoculars, I still couldn't find them. When I asked a sales person, she wouldn't help me, so I left in protest. I will get Dad a gift when I get to Cincinnati.

I went home, and then over to Amanda's house. Happy birthday Amanda. Amanda gets, well I can't describe it, but she gets more Amanda-like when a large group of people are expected at her house, which was the case tonight. So, I went over to be the calming influence. It's a good thing I was there because the wine was not a calming influence at all. It made her really giggly, more than calm. I went out to start the car before we left for dinner and Amanda was walking up the hall behind me singing Happy Birthday to herself. It was only 5pm.

We had a good dinner and I had a great time hanging out with some of Amanda's friends. They're all really funny, like to laugh and hang out kind of people. Eventually I had to leave, because I have to work a full day tomorrow, 9:25am.

When I think about going to work on the weekends, I'm not a big fan of that job. Really, it's easy to be there, especially on short days like this. It's just hard to motivate myself to go when it's -3F with 22 mile an hour wind. But then I get the pay checks which makes it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment