8.12.04

If a tree falls in the forest...

Today I worked at home planning our group for tomorrow and updating materials from the previous group sessions. Tomorrow we are going to take an interest test and identify jobs that correlate to those areas of interest.

Around 4pm, I headed out for the bus to go up to White Bear Lake. Around 5:30pm I finally arrived in White Bear Lake. I was on one of those buses with the hinge in the middle. I was one of the last people off of the bus, so it was fairly empty for a while and I was the only one in the back half of the bus. When the driver turned corners, it felt like I was on this phantom bus with no one else. Because of the hinge in the middle of the bus, I couldn't see up to the front so I couldn't see the driver or other riders. It was really a sensation I could have done without.

Youth group was really interesting. There's a girl in the group who lived in another country for the past 6 years. Last week we found out that she didn't know what Twinkies were. This week Kelly had surprise Twinkies. We played some really entertaining games too, "things you can do in the snow" and "songs with Christmas in them" and then talked about Mary.

When I came home I knew the dishes would be there waiting for me, and I had accepted that fact. In doing the dishes and throwing out some scraps of food, I realized it was time to take out the trash. I was ok with taking out the trash too. Except when I went onto the back steps I discovered another bag of trash had been hiding there. I know that bag of trash had been tied up and removed from the kitchen garbage can a week ago. (I remember last week being excited that my roommate had taken the trash out. Woops.)

In all that time, that bag of trash had only managed to move about three feet. In some ways I'm relieved that it didn't grow legs of it's own and walk off. But my relief didn't really trump the annoyance I felt at being the only one capable of taking trash out to the garbage cans behind the house.

The question is, if your roommate ties up a bag of trash and moves it out of the garbage can and onto the back steps, have she really solved the problem?

No comments:

Post a Comment