7.12.04

Explaining the A4Bats Name

A4bats is a name that doesn't explain itself easily. That name popped into my head because it was my very first email address, a4bats@aol.com. (I feel comfortable posting that because that hasn't been my email address in several years.)

Bats as in baseball, or bats as in the things that fly around at night? Why bats?

When I was in highschool I worked at the Cincinnati Museum of Natural History and Science. One of the permanent exhibits at the museum is a cave exhibit, featuring the world's largest man-made cave, and a colony of (at the time) over 40 big brown bats (e. fuscus). I got really interested in the bats and started working taking care of them. I also met a bat biologist and was able to do some other work with wild bats outside of the museum.

Working with bats gave me an income the rest of high school and most of college.

Why the "A4" part of the name? There are 4 A's in my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment