17.12.04

Brings Tears To My Eyes

I went to a play tonight with Amanda. The play was written and directed by a lady who had been homeless for part of her life. Valeriessia worked with Person to Person to get into a shelter, and eventually into a home where she could get her children back. She now runs an agency called Lighthouse In The City.

At one point of the play, Valeriessia sang a song with one of her daughters and it brought tears to my eyes. I forget sometimes about that simple power of songs to bring tears to my eyes.

These ladies, clearly their singing voices are how they talk to God. With an instrument as powerful as that, what else could they use?

Africa was like that. Everyone had the most beautiful voices. When the whole village sang together it was the most beautiful sound I'd ever heard. It still is actually. I remember feeling quite sure that not only could those songs bring a tear to my eyes, they could bring tears to God's own eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment